Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Going, But Not Forgetting

Just a couple of weeks in, and already I'm... leaving?  True, unfortunately.  As I said in my farewell post at 'The Rogues Gallery', there are times when circumstances demand that we make choices, and this is one of those times for me.

The short version is that the responsibiliities of my new job are in conflict with my desire to get out and randomly cast my pearls of wisdom before... wait, that's a bad analogy.  The truth is, I love blogging, and I'm grateful to everyone who visited The Long Run Blog in the short time I've been here.  We've had some lively discussion, and I've had tremendous fund and learned an awful lot in a very short space of time.

The Long Run Blog was intended to fill a gap in the skeptical world, which while very hot on ghosts, UFOs, 'alternative' medicine, and a host of other subjects, seems to neglect finance - and let's face it, along with health and sex, this is one of the big three topics on people's minds.  I still believe that there is a need for The Long Run Blog, and I wish I could be involved.

If I have a regret it's that I started something that I have to abandon after such a short time, and most of all I feel like I'm leaving Brett Spurr in the lurch - we've actually never met, but I've come to consider him a friend even though I only know him via the intertubes and only for a few months.

I know that Brett has plans to expand the blog (he'll post on this separately, I'm sure) with new talent and features, and I'm confident that in a decade or two, you'll all forget I even existed.  No, wait! Don't do that.  Rest assured that I will be available to support The Long Run Blog, even if it's behind the scenes, getting coffee and donuts for everybody else.  

I've enjoyed my short run at the Long Run, and I hope you have too.  As one of my Wall Street mentors used to say, see you in a rally! (whatever that means).

- with love and affection and a big dollop of disappointment,

Jon Blumenfeld

3 comments:

  1. Jon-

    I'm sorry that you are leaving. I hope that you will be able to guest-post occasionally!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Jon. Hate to see you go. But good luck on your non-blogging ventures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry to see you go, hopefully you can make a cameo at some future point.

    ReplyDelete