Thursday, April 1, 2010

April Fools on Me

I had dinner with some clients of mine last night. A husband and wife, the three of us spent several hours going over things and having a nice dinner. Then I get the following email today, which admittedly made my heart skip a beat:
Dear Brett:

Thank you for your visit and for dinner last night. We buy next time...

that is, if there is a next time. I must be honest to say that we were both taken aback and shocked, to say the least, by your display of poor judgment, lack of common good taste and appalling lack of appreciation for one of our core and life-centering principles:...

By now, I'm thinking "oh no, what did I do/say/not do or say?"  How in the world could I possibly screw up so bad?  It continues...
...you don't leave behind sauteed onions. If you do not respect and hold dear sauteed onions, one of the Maker's greatest gifts, how can we expect you to handle other assets and things of value? What's next? I suppose you're going to tell us you don't eat the little chocolates on the hotel pillow either?

They got me good.

No comments:

Post a Comment