Thursday, February 5, 2009

Intern Wanted

Interested in investing?

Want to learn from a master investor?

Curious what an equity "analyst" does?

Ambitious enough to uncover the secrets of great stock investments?

Well, if you answered 'yes' to the questions above, I am looking for an intern to help with a research project. As you know, I invest other people's money (along with my own). Good investors do their homework and it is time to complete one research project in particular.  It is something I have been planning for a while, but haven't had time to pull together.

It will work like this: After explaining the project, I will provide you the data resources necessary to compile and crunch the data. Then it is up to you to git 'er done, with guidance and support from me. I enjoy teaching, so explaining to you what the data means, why it works that way and answering your questions is not only part of the deal, but also the really valuable part.

Are there any requirements or prerequisites? Glad you asked: a basic understanding of Excel is a must, but nothing fancy required. A rudimentary understanding of accounting or financial statements would be good, but enthusiasm for what some consider 'dry' is much better. Also, I'd like it completed in roughly 3-4 weeks.

If you are in school, particularly for business, accounting or finance, and this can help you out, then great! If you can get credit for the project or incorporate it into a paper/assignment, that's great too. If you need me to write a letter or talk with your professor to get credit, I am happy to go to bat for you. It is an unpaid effort, so I'm happy to do what I can so this benefits you as well. Since this is proprietary research, I would ask you not to share it with the world, like posting it to the web or emailing it to everyone- my competitors are always after my secrets ;-).

Finally, lest you think I referred to myself as a "master investor", I am in fact referring to someone else (though I am quite proud of my record). Email me at thelongrunblog(at)gmail.com if interested.

-Brett

4 comments:

  1. Would the intern have to be in school or a finance/business student/grad?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They don't have to be a student, they just have to be interested.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visions of Kramerica Industries:

    http://www.stanthecaddy.com/the-voice.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Updated for 2009: I'll let you know when we drop the rubber bladder of ethanol out the window. ;-)

    ReplyDelete